Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Nice Mistake Cookies


Description:
I was aiming to make regular old chocolate chip cookies that my children had requested but these wonderful cookies were discovered when we ran out of flour. Then even after trying to borrow some from a neighbor, apparently they were running out too, we still didn't have enough so after brainstorming in the pantry, Hopie suggested that we added oats. To our luck, it was delicious and my kids really loved them. They wanted me to post them so we could remember our nice mistake as they called it.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Tbs. & 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tbs. and 1/2 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, hot water, and salt. Mix together and then add the chocolate chips.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 - 9 min.
Pretty nice mistake! Oh, I did give some to my neighbor's and I do have flour again for now. Yippee!

1 comment:

Suko said...

Some mistakes were meant to be! These sound so yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe. : )