Monday, April 20, 2009

A Sandwich, A Lettuce Wrap, Anyone?

I've been on a sandwich kick lately and so I've been trying some fun combination's. I've found that I love Kraft Foods website to get some great ideas to build a great sandwich. This is also my first time to make and eat a lettuce wraps. I don't love iceberg lettuce but I love it in a wrap like this. Nice flavor and a healthier choice. Both of these are my variations from the website. I'll include the link to the original as well.

Chicken Caesar Sandwich

1 Tbsp. Caesar dressing - I used Brianna's Home Style Asiago Caesar dressing
1 French Bread roll, partially split - love Kaiser rolls too!
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese - I buy a small chunk from the deli and shred my own.
1 romaine lettuce leaf - I washed, patted dry with paper towel and tore up by hand. Cutting lettuce makes it brown faster.
5 slices thin sliced oven roasted chicken breast - I did use Oscar Mayer
1 slice tomato

Prepare as you would any sandwich. It tasted great and reminded me of a Caesar salad on a bun. I think I might even like this better since I'm not usually a fan of Caesar salad all the time. I have to be in the mood.


Deli Lettuce Roll-Ups

1/2 cup coleslaw blend - I used Fresh N' Easy
1 Tbsp. Cucumber Ranch - I used KRAFT. I just don't like coleslaw dressing.
6 slices ham - I used Oscar Meyer Virginia Brand Ham
2 large lettuce leaves - washed and patted dry with paper towel.
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese - I used a brick of KRAFT Sharp cheddar and shredded my own.

Each large lettuce leaf gets 3 slices of ham. Sprinkle with cheese and coleslaw blend. Top with salad dressing. I didn't mix the coleslaw and dressing together like the recipe suggests. Roll up. Eat right away. These taste best fresh and don't keep well.

I hope you like it! I did!

No comments: