Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cranberry Orange Muffins

Cranberry and orange together is one of my favorite combinations, so I'm always looking for good recipes that combine the two. This one did the trick. I made a bunch of substitutions to make it healthier since I'm on WW, but I'll include both the real ingredients and my substitions. Your choice.

Cranberry Orange Muffins (makes 12 large muffins)

2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
3/4 C sugar (I used 1/2 c Splenda and 1/4 c sugar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh cranberries (I used dried, which worked just as well)
1 egg (I used two egg whites)
3/4 C orange juice
1/4 c vegetable oil (I used 1/4 c fat free yogurt)
1 tsp orange zest

Combine the dry ingredients together. Stir in cranberries. Mix the egg, orange juice, oil, and zest together. Add in all dry ingredients at once and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes. (I cooked mine at 375 for 16 minutes).

Enjoy. If you have all of the substitutions I did, these muffins are only two WW points each.

No comments: