Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Cookie Exchange




Each year I like to join a Christmas Cookie Exchange. It's a tradition, I love cookies as much as Cookie Monster and I think its fun. I thought I'd post my photos and recipe from the cookies I made from this year '08, Orange Glazed Gingersnaps and last year '07, Raspberry Almond Thumbprint cookies. Maybe you'll like them. Recipe's are linked above on the name of the cookies.

Here's the glaze I used for both but I added orange zest and flavoring for the gingersnaps and left it plain for the thumbprint cookies:

  • 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or whole milk
To make Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and enough cream to make glaze of spreading consistency. Beat until smooth. Use a Ziploc bag and cut a small corner hole for a more detailed line like I did for the raspberry cookies. Or drizzle with a spoon on cookies like I did for the gingersnaps and I also put fresh orange zest on the tops as shown in the photo.

No comments: