Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Fave Lemon Bars



I really like lemons just like my mom. So, I love to make lemon bars and I've taken them places and these are always complimented. I hope you may like them too.

Ingredients for Crust:
2/3 cups butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla pudding(optional)

Ingredients for Topping:
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 tablespoons flour
4 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
6 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Powdered sugar(optional)

First:
In a medium bowl, beat butter/marg. with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in the flour and vanilla pudding (I say the vanilla pudding is optional because I use this in recipes a lot since I have canned in my food storage, you don't have to use it but I like the taste & texture it adds to the crust) till crumbly. Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-18 min. until just golden.

Second:
For filling, in a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, and baking powder. Beat on high 2 min. until combined.

Third:
Pour filling over baked layer. Bake 20 min. more until lightly brown around the edges and the center is set. Cool before serving. As desired, sift powdered sugar on top(I like this on it). Cut into bars and serve. YUMMY!


----------------
Now playing: John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
via FoxyTunes

No comments: