Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fresh Peach Pie


Okay, so I'm no food photographer...but this recipe is really good. I've been craving peach pie and my mom gave me this recipe to try out. Let's just say the pie didn't last long...and I didn't offer to share it with any friends--it was even hard to share with Trevor.

Pie Filling:
6 large peeled sliced fresh peaches (better if they aren't freestone)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash cardomom
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp almond

Combine all ingredients and set aside. I used a little more cinnamon and nutmeg than called for.

*Crust:
1 cup crisco
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar

Blend above ingredients with pastry blender, then add 1/3 cup sour milk. Mix with hands, divide in half and roll out to make top and bottom crusts.

*use whatever crust recipe you like. I like this one because it's easy and quick.

Assemble pie and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then 375 for 45-55 minutes. Cover entire crust with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent browning.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Looks good:) I am not sure if I have ever had peach pie. I will have to try it.