Monday, August 18, 2008

Simple Banana Cupcakes



These little babies are so simple and tasty, I have to refrain from whipping a batch up almost daily. They were a big hit at a baby shower I recently threw, and I think they will be a keeper on my "party menu" for a long time. It's really only a simple banana bread with a basic butter cream. Just a good combo. (I'm sure you could substitute any banana bread recipe you'd like).

Cupcakes:

1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 C mashed bananas
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients, fill muffin tins (lined with cupcake liner) 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes. Yield 18 to 21 cupcakes.

Frosting (will frost about 2 batches of cupcakes):

1/2 C shortening
1/2 C butter
1 tsp vanilla (clear: only for color purposes)
4 C powdered sugar
2 T milk (more or less depending on desired texture)
Add: butter flavor (1 tsp)
or almond (< 1/2 tsp)
or lemon (< 1/2 tsp)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Those look so good:) I will have to try them. Thanks for posting:)