Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just a Different Type of Pan Pizza



In the picture my crust is traditional and not folded up because my husband wanted it that way. It seems like a fun idea to do it like they suggested below.

I used Jay's Signature Pizza Crust recipe from allrecipes.com for my crust but buying from the stor is probably easier but I like the tast of this crust recipe so for me it's worth it.

I discovered this recipe from one of my friend's Shelfari pages of all places. It turned out well and pretty fun to do with my kids so I thought I'd share it!

Buy 1 pizza crust (in the cans--like pillsbury biscuits come in)
1 pound of ground beef (or sausage)
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 package mushrooms (I used fresh, optional)
1 container blue cheese (or another kind of cheese like feta or mozzerella)

I use a cookie sheet and put tin foil on it and grease/oil the tin foil.

Lay the pizza crust on the tin foil
Put the cooked ground beef, chopped onions, peppers, and mushrooms on the beef/pizza crust
Curl / fold the sides of the pizza crust up over the meat and other toppings (will not completely cover them)
(the middle should not be covered by crust)

Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes

Top with blue cheese(as desired or you can substitute another cheese like mozzerella) and eat!

Make it kid-friendly:

Use beef and sliced american cheese.

For extra taste:
I brush olive oil on the folded up part of the crust and sprinkle with parm cheese.

Oh, and you could substitute the beef for cut up (cooked) steak pieces and it's really good also.

As always, with pizza, you have lots of options! Enjoy!

No comments: