Friday, July 4, 2008

Mandarin Chicken Salad

I really love the Wendy's Asian Chicken Salad with the Mandarin Oranges so I developed this recipe so I can make it at home and enjoy it more often. I took it to our ward's fourth of July Festival pot luck lunch this year & it seemed to have good reviews there. I hope you like it!

Mandarin Chicken Salad
Serves 10.

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb.), cooked, cubed and chilled
2 cans mandarin oranges, well-drained & save juice
1 half of a purple onion, chopped finely
1 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chow mien noodles, optional
2 heads of Romaine lettuce, washed, patted dry and torn into pieces
Dressing: Ken's Steakhouse Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy

First, I drain my mandarin oranges and save the juice to use for cooking my chicken in. Next, I cook my chicken in the mandarin juice with a bit of seasoned salt and lemon pepper. Cube the chicken and chill. Then prepare your lettuce, carrots, and onion and toss to combine together. Add your mandarin oranges, chicken, almonds and chow mien noodles just before serving. Toss lightly to combine all. Top with dressing. Take a bite and see what you think.

No comments: