Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Polar Express Cookie

These are INCREDIBLE cookies. I found the recipe on the back of a raisins tub, even though I didn't use the raisins... I posted them on my own blog a few months back and decided that they needed to be shared here. MAKE THEM!The Polar Express Cookie
1/2 c butter, softened
1 2/3 c sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 oz (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c milk
1 c raisins (I used choc/butterscotch chips)
powdered sugar

Combine butter, sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins (or chips). Cover; refrigerate until firm (we skipped this step). Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets (skipped this too). Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake in upper third of oven for 12-15 minutes (do not overbake). Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

These are so great! I tried them today and I think I will share them tomorrow.

Thanks again for another great recipe

Jones said...

thanks for sharing with us Bonnie!! Now I have to make them.