Thursday, June 26, 2008

Maple Mustard Glaze Pork Chops

Okay...so I don't have a fabulous picture to tempt you, but these are my absolute favorite (and easy)pork chops.

1 tsp butter
4 (4 oz) boneless pork loin chops (we just get the big pack at Costco and then halve them--as is they're too thick)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can use honey)
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp chopped fresh sage (I used dried)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (again I used dried)
2 tsp heavy cream (I just borrowed some of Liam's whole milk)

1. Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper; add pork to pan. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. Add broth and next 4 ingredients to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick (I didn't notice a huge difference). Stir in cream and reduce heat to medium. Return pork to pan and cover simmering until done (around 3-5 minutes) turning once.

Tastes great with potatoes or rice!!

1 comment:

Phi Seven said...

Have a nice day :)
Welcome to my blog http://yeah9.com