Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Malaysian Chicken Pizza

This is soo tasty. My sister introduced me to it. My husband always feels like I am treating him when I make this. It's one of our favorites. Great to serve for company. You can add more cheese on top if you like.

1/4 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C rice, wine or cider vinegar (I sometimes use a mixture if I'm running low)
1/4 C soy sauce, low sodium
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp chunky peanut butter (I use creamy)
1 Tbsp ginger root, peeled and minced (you can find this in the produce section)
1/2-3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1/2 C (2 oz) low-fat swiss cheese, shredded (I just use mozzarella)
1/4 C (1 oz) skim mozzarella, shredded
8 oz pizza dough, refrigerated (or homemade)
1/4 C chopped green onions

1. Combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, ginger root, red pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk and set aside.
2. Coat large skillet with cooking spray; place over med-high heat until hot. Add chicken and saute 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Pour vinegar mixture into skillet; bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done.
4. Roll out pizza crust to desired thickness. Place in lightly oiled pan or on a pizza stone.
5. Sprinkle cheeses over crust, leaving 1/2 inch border. Top with chicken mixture. Transfer to oven. Bake at 500 degrees for 12 minutes on bottom rack.
6. Sprinkle with onions and let stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy!

Makes 8 slices; 200 calories per slice

2 comments:

Lyndi said...

This was so tasty. A little on the spicy side for me so next time I'll use a little less red pepper, but still delicious.

Erika said...

I'm glad you tried it! I think I need to make it again soon!